@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: Obsess much?
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Obsess much?
Women, I read, are especially good at excess rumination....you know, that innate ability to turn something over and over to the point that if anyone actually knew what we were thinking, and how often we were thinking it, they'd probably think we were psycho (or maybe it's just me).....and as much as it pains me to say....usually this occurs in the context of boyfriends / husbands.....(why oh why didn't I just get rid of that guy before the test?!!!!!)

I find during bar study it is especially difficult to deal with all the rumination, but it's probably likely that the bar stress is what brings so much of it on....I don't know if it's as true of my male counterpart-repeaters out there....would be interesting to know if the guys are struck equally by all the over-thinking......

I find my mind constantly returning to things that don't really serve my best interests at the moment....I hate to say obsessing, but yeah if I tell the truth that's probably a fair description....molehills are mountains right now......hell it seems I'm actively searching for moles!!!!....

Is my mind seeking distraction so I don't have to focus on what's really worrying me? Classic avoidance? Or is it that I'm borrowing extra trouble right because that's what we all do when we are studying for the bar? (What if I fail again and just die?) Probably both......but as is true of any bad habit you are lucky enough to actually realize you have (yep, most of them you don't know about...they just drive everyone around you nuts), the good news is that maybe you can do something about it....

Whenever I find myself rethinking....ruminating endlessly.....or obsessing......I gently remind my mind that whatever it is, surely I can just wait and see.....and then I refocus on something not so worrisome.....if you meditate at all, you'll realize this a ripped off technique....but hey, it works.....and it's calming....something we all could use a little of right now....
posted by Bar Bitch @ 11:04 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER