@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: Misery Loves Company?
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Misery Loves Company?
I think it is pretty much a given that if you are studying for the bar exam that your life will suck ass. You will have no social life, you will take no road trips, you will probably shoot no shots, not go to your best friend's bachelor's party and watch naked hooters and you might even skip New Year's Eve, Turkey Day or even Christmas if you are really old school, hard core (and really scared).

Bottom line thinking is.....there is NO TIME.....for ANYTHING.....except STUDYING.....we are SACRIFICING....to the BAR GOD, for god's sake.......and I think the mentality is that if we deviate from the plan, we might anger the Bar God, (or gods, if you're more polytheistic)...and He'll flunk your Sorry Ass if you do otherwise.....

Other kinds of mental processes we immerse ourselves in right now? Hmmmm lets see...there's the..."I can't be happy and pass mantra"....the "if I'm enjoying life I'm not putting in a solid effort" mantra....and the "if I'm not completely wiped and neurotic, snapping like a rabid animal at everyone I love and care for, there is no possible freaking way I'm prepared for this thing" mantra.....

If you're doing this all again and I"m sorry you have to, I just want you to know that I said screw it all after the first one....I got a lot happier with bar review....and you can laugh all you want 'cause no, I'm not licensed yet....but I am mere points from passing lovies...(I'm out of state for crying out loud and I did home study....cut me slack!!!!!) but I haven't been depriving myself like I did in the past...and you know what?....my scores have only gotten better.....

I do study like it's a job....8-6....but I take off on the weekends....and I'm treated to ridiculous treats and sexual favors when I remember what's on the back of my flashcards (get a guy who really means it when he says he wants to help!!!!!)....it doesn't all have to be misery.....go get some company.....and maybe some purple hooter shooters?
posted by Bar Bitch @ 11:55 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 3:52 PM, November 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My situation is very similar. I've taken the bar 4 times. My husband has benn in Irak several times. My daughter had MAJOR surgery and I have to pass this exam. I am a foreign attorney and need help with the essay writting portion for the North Carolina exam. Barbri was not enough. I have done some research for a more personalized program and have found lots: Micromash, The Study Group, Pass the Bar..., Can someone please recommend one that could work for me?

     
  • At 11:04 AM, November 20, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    Hey Anon....

    Well you know I feel your pain! I can only tell you my own personal experience with two of those companies...and that was that TSG was phenom...always available and helpful and supportive...I could never reccomend MM for essays...not on a cold day in hell...but that is only my opinion...you've got a whole big community here...others may feel differently....

    Good luck!!!! We should have lunch in February lady!!! :)

     
  • At 1:43 PM, November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks!! I've been asking around, and it looks like it's a good option. I will register today, I do not want to waste more time! Good luck and God bless. Hopefully we will be celebrating in August ;} and we can also celebrate after the exam!!
    Helen

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER