@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: Several thousand Mg's of antibiotics later......
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Monday, January 08, 2007
Several thousand Mg's of antibiotics later......
So one undiagnosed sinus infection later......I am finally back in action now that I've spent roughly the duration between Christmas Eve and most of last week trying to figure out 1) why the flu and fever the doc diagnosed just wouldn't go away and 2) why was it that a stuffed up head would be so painful? I went back Thursday the doctor said gee, looks like the PA must have missed the sinus problem when you were here after Christmas....really sorry your face looks like you took a few belts....that is one serious infection....

Clearly, I've never had sinus problems and my usual motto when sick is, "you'll be over it tomorrow"....plus, I didn't want to miss prime study time....so the wind up is, I missed almost two weeks of prime time because although I felt well enough first thing in the morning to tackle about 50 MBE's or so...by 9:00 I was too beat down to move and lost the day anyway....

The moral is simple, but somehow the simple gets lost in these days leading up to the big day.... If you're sick....go to the doctor damnit! I should know better by now, everybody gets sick before this test and then freaks out about being sick and losing time.....so schedule sick time and try your best to stay healthy huh?
posted by Bar Bitch @ 3:52 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 5:04 PM, January 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you're back bi-atch! Missed you!

     
  • At 5:06 PM, January 18, 2007, Blogger Chikki said…

    How soon did you start studying for the exam? I started in January and after reading your posts I think I started a bit too late!

    Yeah it's a bitch...took & failed the MN one, am trying the WA one instead now (since my fiancee' lives here anyhow).

     
  • At 3:56 PM, January 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I failed the NY Bar in July. I am so nervous. I have only studied Contracts, Crim, Evidence, Corporations and Agency & Partnership. I feel like I am not moving fast enough. I did some contracts questions the other day from the PMBR book and I got a lot of them wrong. Now I am going back over the contracts outline in an OCD type of way. I just feel like I am moving so slow. I try to do questions every day, but I just am not able to do so. I don't know what to do to make myself feel better about the pace at which I am going. Do you have any suggestions?

    P.S. I am glad that you are feeling better.

     
  • At 5:19 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    Chikki---

    I set up a 16 week schedule for myself this time....mainly b/c I had the time, my boss is still not back at the office due to his heart problems....and I started just by doing a set number of MBE's everyday...really if you start too early, you probably won't remember by test time.....

    My advice to you and everyone though is not to get too worried about "other people"...most bar reviews are 6 weeks right?

    Good luck out there in WA!!!!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    Anon in NJ---

    Have you made a syllabus? I printed a calendar for each month I studied and blocked off what each day was (for me it is actually, what each week is for)

    I review a subject entirely, then follow with every essay question I have on the subject---that includes re-writing the correct response after I already wrote an answer on my own and making flash cards out of the rules I missed---

    I have time set aside at the end of my review for nothing but memorizing the rules from my flash cards---

    If you know what subjects you are covering when--and how many MBE's per day, I think it will help you stay on track and fight that irrational feeling of being behind all the time...you shouldn't be returning to a subject over and over though, not at the expense of other areas...

    Now as far as "trying" to do questions every day. What is holding you back? Are you afraid of having the wrong answer? That might sound silly, but a lot of people deal with that...at this stage in review, most people don't know the answers yet....or they only know parts of them...practicing with the essays is a form of review as well....but avoiding practice is a good way to hurt your confidence....so take them head on....go kick some ass!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER