@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: MBE's and the Buddha.....
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
MBE's and the Buddha.....
Working though the property MBE's was great fun...snort.....it does get me thinking about all the times I've done this before.....like way back when I first started looking at MBE's and how I felt back then....in a few words....SHEER UNADULTERATED PANIC...... I remember thinking how can I be so utterly unprepared by law school to answer some multiple choice questions on stuff I did pretty well on while I was there...there is just no way I can do this!!!!!!...but after a while they got easier....

MBE's really are something in and of themselves though aren't they? As someone who personally has beat them down on at least one exam....lemme tell you what I know to be true...at least for me.....

  • If your Bar Review tells you that your MBE score really won't move that much....well just read the MBE saga on my blog....I moved my score a colossal amount of points (up and down) and it had nothing to do with making a mistake on the bubble sheet.....the down side to that is that much of it for me was probably plain old rote memorization which explains why I didn't kick as much ass on the MBE last exam and missed the brass ring by two points on my most recent attempt.....

  • I read in a book not too long ago, "I'll Die if I don't Pass the Bar Exam," that most students score less than 50% in practice MBE's right up until the final week or two before the exam...maybe you already knew that....I sure as hell didn't....and it would have made me feel so much better while I was preparing all the times before.....

  • I made flash cards for the questions that I missed and for the questions that got right by dumb luck....it worked.....probably because it forced me to look at the questions again....I promise eventually those MBE's make more sense....they are patterned......you just have to repeat them enough to see the pattern.....

  • Pay attention to your Bar Review when they tell you not to spend too much time on MBE's at the expense of your Essay prep.....here in NC....those suck ass things only count for 40%...I posted a killer score at one point on them but it was not enough to make up for my very lackluster essays.....don't keep doing MBE's because they seem "easier" to practice than those damn essays...

Alrighty......that is my buddha bar wisdom for the day......

posted by Bar Bitch @ 1:29 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER