@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: The Dreams that you Dream will come True....
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Monday, October 23, 2006
The Dreams that you Dream will come True....
Nope....I haven't dropped off the face of the earth....nor have a I hanged myself out of bar grief or drunk myself into oblivion over my latest set of scores (well actually I did do that, but not within the past two weeks).....took off for sunny FL for a couple of weeks and forgot to post beforehand to say I'd be MIA.....

The Magic Kingdom was so the ticket!!!! To everyone who is getting ready to knuckle down (again) I highly suggest a week with The Mouse before jumping back in....it will do wonders for your morale....besides, I haven't even thought the Bar for almost two solid weeks.....isn't that a beautiful thing? Like all the cheesy commercials.....priceless.......

But now I'm back and ready to do battle.....that's right campers it's time to start kicking more bar exam ass.....is it too soon to study for February? My thought is absolutely not......

Myself, I am still unsure how I managed to not make this last cut....The Study Group tells me that I "passed" the essay portion of the test.....so I don't need to retake with them (which is pretty decent when you think about it, they said don't spend more money) ....to focus more on the MBE....I had already been thinking that, but honestly...how high an MBE do you need here in NC? But you see the problem with this line of thinking is....it is a waste of time.....it really doesn't matter....it is an emotional drain to spend so much time on the "why me's?" and the "bar is so unfair" or even "life is so unfair"....even when it's true, it doesn't get you anywhere but down......

Bottom line is....they can't screw with the MBE score....or "scale" it (at least not like they scale the essays, I don't think they take points from you on the MBE, but maybe they do?) ......which is why it is not too early to start.....25 MBE's a day, with quality reflection on the right / wrong answers seems a good place to start.....get the percentages up in the 80's....why not? We've got nothing but time......
posted by Bar Bitch @ 10:43 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3:36 PM, October 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm still here too!!! And pondering whether to take MBE only in February here where I live, or to move to another state and take the whole shebang in July. For the second option, since I have a passing essay score here where I live I could get admitted to 2...2...2 bars at once. Glad to hear you are refreshed and renewed by your trip :) It's funny that you mention sunny FL, because that's where I would relocate to under option 2!!!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, October 26, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    Pink letter...

    Glad you're here! How many times have I said to myself, "why the hell did I ever leave FL?"!!!! Love those states where you get to keep the passing scores...

    I have lots of buddies from school in FL...so if you need study info I may be able to help there...

    Have you checked to see FL's reciprocity rules though? From what I remember they are strict...like I know VA won't accept an MBE score from NC...in other words they won't allow the dual test taking....I'm suprised FL does....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER