@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: Does the Dalai Lama know about Failing the Bar Exam?
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Does the Dalai Lama know about Failing the Bar Exam?
The Dalai Lama has this to say for 2006, some of it very relevant for a perpetual bar exam taker I think:

  • Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risks.

  • When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

  • Three R's: Respect for self, Respect for others and Responsibility for all of your actions.

  • Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

  • Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.

  • Don't let a little dispute ruin a great relationship.

  • When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

  • Spend some time alone every day.

  • Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.

  • Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

  • Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.

  • A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

  • In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.

  • Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

  • Be gentle with the earth.

  • Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

  • Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for one another exceeds your need for each other.

  • Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

  • Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.

I take wisdom wherever I find it, (for me that is pretty much daily)...I thought some of this especially relevant, because I've forgotten some of this during this process and because I get so many comments that relate.....

My favorite is the line about not losing the lesson....what have you learned since you failed the test? Are you stronger or still wallowing? (not that you shouldn't spend some time feeling bad....I know it sucks) Some of my personal heroes teach that you have to make every situation in life serve you....if you haven't figured out a way to make this time do that, think about it....I'm not saying something cheesy about "making lemonade", I am saying don't you dare let this experience beat you down, because we are all greater than that....

posted by Bar Bitch @ 10:32 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:37 PM, October 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bar Bitch, you are a wonder. I passed the va bar in July, but I can honestly say you're a stronger woman than I... I think I would have taken it once again and then probably given up. You are a true inspiration to all law students/bar takers out there, and I hope to see you get a different result from Feb's exam.

     
  • At 10:01 AM, October 26, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    Ali...

    Hey thanks! and congrats on passing VA..I gave that bar serious consideration, though I've heard it is super difficult, right behind CA and NY....so you kick ass! (As soon as I pass here VA, will be my next objective!!! Save your outlines!!!!)

    So cool of you to say inspirational...I think some people think I'm whacked... :)

    Honestly, alot of what I do here has been about me becoming ok that I haven't passed yet...and really, it's the support I get here from so many people out there that I think is an inspiration...(such a Hallmark moment huh?)

     
  • At 6:16 PM, October 29, 2006, Blogger legis said…

    These are great life lessons. Very useful.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER