@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: Blast off or Blow up?
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Friday, February 16, 2007
Blast off or Blow up?
T-minus 10 days and counting baby!!!!! Per usual...yes, I am excited to just get in there and get it done.....I'm not really nervous because every time I've done this walk....I've walked in knowing I have prepared to the best of my ability.....the real beauty so far is that I have managed to not completely lose all confidence in myself (or respect for my grey matter) despite the negative results...you never really know what you're made of until you've had to sit for the bar exam more than once.... (or twice....or....well, you know...) and if you haven't...well, thank goodness you were born under a lucky star sweet cheeks....

This time, I think I'm going to try and remember not to make it bigger than need be....it's a test, nothing more, nothing less....if you've had the fortitude to make it through these many months as a retaker/bar-flunkee / god love us every-one, the test itself should really be a relief....think of it that way.....I look at is as a bridge....(no, not over troubled waters)...my yellow brick road...a means to an end....a way of getting somewhere I'd like to be.....I'm not looking at it so much as the rope I'm clinging to for dear life, the one thing that will save my soul from damnation, (clearly too late for that) chase all the clouds aways and ensure that I live happily ever after....

It's a bitch...but nothing more....nothing less....
posted by Bar Bitch @ 5:29 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:54 PM, February 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Best of luck! Having just spent the last year following bar takers like yourself, our fingers are crossed!

    Deep breaths and you'll do fine...

    - A LAWYER WALKS INTO A BAR...
    http://www.alawyerwalksintoabar.com

     
  • At 6:19 PM, February 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Power to you all. Last year, I sat for the NC Feb. 2006 bar exam. The committee sealed my results, interviewed me again, and determined I deserved the confidence of the public and had good character. The following day I recevied a letter, I failed. That's not all. The next day, I received my scores, as you all probably know by now, you need a 346 out of 500. My score...345.9435 and the bottom of the score sheet stated, don't round scores to get the final result, yet they gave me a 345. I appealed, of course, but they thought about and said no (I doubt they even thought about it). I sat again for the July 2006 NC bar, and SMOKED IT. As far as I am concerned, I passed that bitch 2x in a row. Now, I am 10 days from sitting for the CA Feb. 2007 bar exam...talk about tired of studying. Good luck to all of you...kick it in the ass. And, remember...keep a clean heart, and live so honestly and fearlessly that no outward failure can dishearten you or take away the joy of conscious integrity.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, February 21, 2007, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    Thanks to all the well wishers!

    And especially to the anon...love stories like yours more than anything in the world...wonderful to know that others are not being disheartened by "outward failures" either...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER