@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: If you're scared.....say you're scared.....
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Thursday, July 20, 2006
If you're scared.....say you're scared.....
Since we're getting close....but still not so close that you can't do something about it....I'm thinking today is a good day to talk about being afraid....since I started this quest for the all holy grail and found out today there is a record number of us this summer here in NC (over 1100!!!) I have had much time to reflect on all the time I've wasted being afraid.....

mostly in the beginning I was afraid of failing.....afraid of having to tell my family....my boss, who believe or not I love like a father....and the people who asked every freakin day....that was mostly ego....I am a star....I was a top performer in my small town, people here know me by name and they are not used to me not being the best of the best, even all these years later.....so yes I was fearful.....

Mostly, I was afraid of what I would tell myself if this test told me that I was not good enough.....and then as you know....it happened.....and I'm not writing this because I want all of you to start asking yourself gut-wrenching questions at this juncture.....

I'm writing because I don't want it to happen to anyone else....You remember that this test has absolutely no bearing on your worth as a person or your intelligence....that was one of hugest stumbling blocks for me along the way......try not be fearful and don't make it bigger than it is....

And if at all possible....ask yourself what are you still feeling afraid of? Monsters with a face stop being scary..... if there are any topics that you are thinking....if they ask something on that, I'm screwed ......why don't you at least write it down...and try to spend some time figuring it out when you can? You'll feel better...we all tend to ignore the things we don't understand and that in turn tends to make us feel more anxious.....if you make that list, it will probably be short and your "scary things" will at least have a face.... the point is to reduce as much anxiety as possible before the test....
posted by Bar Bitch @ 12:35 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER