@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: Some like it hot......
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Monday, July 17, 2006
Some like it hot......
Anybody wanna share some of their weird pre-bar rituals? I know you have them....I think we are alot like pro-athletes in this regard....cause really, its what we are....pro-mental athletes...or really....dorks......right?

Like for me....my super obsessive rituals lead me to the need to do the same things every day while I study....and I do mean the exact same.....same exercise rountine.....same Mt. Dew and bag of chips (yes I do see the irony there) ...don't get me started on how crushing it is that they seem to discontinued the Lay's Dill Chips I nosh on every morning at 8:05 am.....I actually have the lady at the Red Apple checking into it for me....(see I'm just so cute and pert like that... people just want to help me in my bizarre quests....that and I think she thinks I'm preggars....who the hells else would eat soda and chips for breakfast every morning for six weeks straight?)

And then there is my sunny porch....I picked a new study area for exam four....I figured since I failed the other tests, a change of scenery would do me good.....I've got water on three sides....lacy curtains....the great outdoors.....windchimes.....and it is so beautiful in the morning I think that there is no way I won't pass this test, such serenity.....but before you start to puke.....by the time 2:30 rolls around, I tell you if I had nuts, I'd have sweated them off by now..... even so, I somehow I cannot move myself from this place.....it's my study place....it's hallowed ground....and the truth is I am somehow afraid to change it up now....I see the lunacy even while I type the words people...but I'm taking the bar exam.....and yes I'm a little nuts.....
posted by Bar Bitch @ 5:33 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 1:28 AM, July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If the bar exam is a bitch, then go out and sodomize the bitch. Good luck!

     
  • At 1:56 PM, July 18, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    well wishers are always welcome here!!!thanks so much!!!!

     
  • At 10:23 PM, July 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bitch, I'm not as worried about the MBE, but these state essays are kicking my ass... and they count for more.

    And the clock is ticking...

     
  • At 10:19 AM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    I've always been such an uptight little white girl...it is such a riot being called bitch all day...I absolutely love it....

    now about these state essays....are you in NC?

    if so....at this point I have a few things to say....get out whatever essay book you have and start working those essays:

    1) read it....
    2) don't panic
    3) write the answer
    4) write the rules in a short form that you will be able to use on the exam
    5) rinse and repeat.....

    the more essays you see before the test...the higher the liklihood you will see something like it again...there are only so many variations on a theme....

     
  • At 12:14 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all Good luck to you and I know you will pass this time! I admire your determination. Second, I am taking NC for the first time and wondered if you had any tips on essay format. When you got your answers back was it mainly misstatement of the law, misapplication of facts or organization/format? I know that's a personal question but if you don't mind I'm really curious. Thanks!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    A super excellent question...first of all...to get your answers back....you have to pay more money...secondly when you get them back...they are not really graded, only in the sense you see what score you received, you know what I mean?

    I can tell you this...the only thing that made my score go up for essays was memorizing a fair tonnage of black letter law to spit at the examiners....and I really mean that....I don't think analysis means quite so much, I don't think clarity means much and I don't think organization means much....these guys have a "hit list" they are looking to see if you have words on your paper that match....

    I really didn't believe that was true till last test....my essays shot thru the roof...nothing had changed my friend (except I memorized like a monkey)...it's not like I magically became more versed in legalise over night you know?

     
  • At 3:51 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there, I was the one that asked about the essays and just wanted to say thanks so much for your response!! I really appreciate the insight!

     
  • At 9:12 AM, July 20, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    Absolutely Anon!!!!

    I wish I'd had more help on my first test...I'd just moved here from Fl and I felt so alone, I couldn't even get anyone from Micro Mash on the phone....

    but I was thinking last night after I posted that response...

    actually organization does count...but not like it did in law school, not in the sense that you write a well organized response...

    I had a mentor explain it to me this way....he said said your writing is A+++, but only covered three topics because it was too in depth and you only got to 3/10 issues on the "hit list", the examiners don't care if your writing blows....as long as you get to 8/10 issues on the "hit list"...

    ... so organization does count...but only in the sense that your essay is clearly marked, well spaced and neatly underlined.....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER