@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: Ready for a Bitch Slap?
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Ready for a Bitch Slap?
This is it.....almost the end for us all.....I took off Friday, so I'm still doing a little bit of studying today, but nothing nail biting or stressful....

I hope everybody is feeling solid...that's my wish for everyone....to walk into that test feeling that you have done as much as you could possibly do....and be proud of that....I know for me at least that regardless of the result, it means a hell of a lot that you can be proud of the amount of work you've put in just to get where you are right now....the fact that you are sitting for a professional licensing exam is something extraordinary.....(the fact I'm sitting a fourth time says I'm exceptionally extraordinary right????)

Your mental game is everything loves....a few more pieces of advice if I may? If you've heard all this before....well just humor me....

  1. If you haven't been there on Tuesday...lemme tell you...it resembles a cattle herd.... and everybody looks like they're about to be slaughtered...for the love of god, if you get there early.....don't go stand in the herd....is there anything that will make you feel worse? Stay in your car and listen to something that pumps your ass up....I listen to Rocky....
  2. Don't keep going over your outlines on Tuesday morning....if you don't know it then....ummm yeah you are screwed (no one on this blog!!!!)....unless you have a photo-memory.....
  3. Don't talk to people about how collectively nervous / screwed / worried / and basically certain you are that you will all fail ..... come on!!!!..... if I can still go to this test with a good attitude so can you......
  4. Try not to listen to the people who will be talking that way....and be certain that they will...this will just freak you the hell out......now if you doubt me at all (three time flunkee that I am) ...try to remember that I was once a SAT and LSAT instructor and I have been around the blocks a few times when it comes to test-taking psychology....don't buy into group phobia madness....
  5. Just smile when the scizzzo behind you wants to talk about "what you argued" for number 3....., it is too damn late now brother......why get either of you upset? and don't check your notes at lunch either, unless its to bone up on the six subjects you will have after lunch....for the same reason....hell, I highly suggest not checking your notes till after day 2...no need to get worried till after the MBE.....why hamper your performance?
  6. Be nice to whoever is sitting at your table.....it might be me!!!!!

posted by Bar Bitch @ 1:48 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 9:00 PM, July 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks girl. Good luck and congrats in advance!

     
  • At 12:17 AM, July 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm scared to death, Bitch.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, July 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just found your blog today. Scared out of my mind and feeling totally unprepared. Best of luck to you, I'm sure we'll pass each other and never even know it.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, July 24, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    Everybody go kick some bar ass!!!! Nothing to be afraid of!!!

     
  • At 10:01 PM, July 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SO...one day down, one to go. MBE should at least start without Tuesday's delays. Remember, lots of folks get two zeros and still pass; average passing essay score is under a 6--lots of room to make mistakes and still pass!!!! GOOD LUCK!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just wanted to wish you the best of the best on the Bar! Go in there and kick some Bar examiner arse!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER