@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: Still no ticket......
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Still no ticket......
Hopefully.....in another few days....this will be worthless and idle concern....but as of today....my ticket is still not here.....and yes.....even I am starting to worry.....why the hell isn't it here? And why the hell does the state bar not have their little duckies in a row enough that they get those damn things out sooner than one week before the gdmf'n test? Sorry....even I get a little bit of drama queeny at times....this is just ticking me off.....hard core.....supposing there is a little bit of touble with a certain applicant's application....they couldn't possibly have waited this long to let me know that? I have been thinking all this time that since I'd heard nothing....that that was most likely good news.....but since every day this week has rolled by with a gaping empty mail box.....I'm starting to not feel quite so positive.....I can handle most everything about this test.....except for not being allowed to take it.....

I'm afraid to ask.....but my NC peeps.....if any of you are lurking about.....who's got a ticket? When did you get it? I saw on the website they would be mailed "no earlier than the week of the 10th"....if anyone can shed some light on that.....I'd just love to know about it......who writes for these idiots anyway? Is it too much to ask they just post the date they mail the damn things....oh well.....back to the books.....no good to worry about this now.....really can't do anything but plan my speech for first thing Monday morning.....

Umm yes......I realize you are a complete incompetant and total jackass......but you have my entire future in my hands......so I will pretend to be nice to you.....at least till we find out why there is no admission ticket in my hot little hands.....now did you forget to mail it or what? (kind of like last time when you made me pay for double copies of my Fl driving record, costing me 50 bucks....when it turned out you had the damn thing the whole time and just didn't "see it"?)

Ummm nope....that won't work......

How 'bout....hey stupid.....where's my f'n ticket?!!!!!!! Stop giving me extra shit to worry about right now!!!!!!

yeah......that just about covers it.......

Really, I'm not this much of an ass....just feeling a little bit anxious at the moment.....
posted by Bar Bitch @ 10:00 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 11:41 PM, July 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am taking the NC bar in July as well. I still have not received my ticket either. However, a friend of mine got her's today and she said that it was post marked yesterday. You will probably get your ticket Monday.

     
  • At 1:22 AM, July 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello from Minnesota!

    I am on my third attempt in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Just found your blog two days ago. Good luck to you in my home state of NC! I finished law school in 99' only to find out that I didn't want to practice law. Now with a family and an hefty amount of student loan debt, I figured I had better get the monkey off my back.

    After six years away from school I am now on my third attempt. Got it down from 19 to 5 points last Feb. We'll see how it goes. At least I get to go home in Aug. to see family and friends. I haven't been home in almost two years because of this damn test!! Good luck and we will kick its ass in a few weeks!!!

    As for the exam ticket, let 'em know the business on Monday morning!!

    Peace...

     
  • At 1:37 AM, July 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh, no! please call definitely tomorrow morning. i'm not in NC, i'm a cali taker, but i think i've had my ticket for 3 weeks, and CA is so slow with everything!!! they like to make you sweat til you bleed. When did you receive your ticket for the last times you took the bar? around this coming week?

     
  • At 8:00 AM, July 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey don't freak out yet, I just got mine yesterday (Sat.) So I think you'll have yours by Mon/Tues at the latest. A couple of my friends got it yesterday too and a couple didn't. Hope that helps.

     
  • At 8:27 AM, July 16, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    All I can say is thank the freaking blog god for the blog....I feel infinitely better now that I've these ticket comments....I swear I'm not a freaker....but wouldn't it just be some kind of hilarity for me to finally have kick ass bar zen....only to be denied my chance of sitting for bar 4?

     
  • At 8:36 AM, July 16, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    To Three Times in MN....

    I say you rock and will for sure kick ass, your score has been constantly improving!!!!....I am in complete awe and feel the love for all people who charge into this test with such high spirits...(which is not to knock anyone who may be feeling not-so-high-spirited of course)...we all do this differently....but I really do feel a bond with the people who have been able to pick up their guts and ass off the floor and say, I will kick some bar ass now....

    and good luck to you too love....and love to the family too....

     
  • At 2:14 PM, July 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the love Boo! I'm taking a break from the grind to ask a question (or two)...

    My study mentor (who has taken the bar in three states and took one of those five times...) tells me that to have a good chance on the MBE its good to have your percentage correct somewhere (in the individual subject practice tests)in the 72-75% range and above. Seems pretty high, but that makes some sense...

    So I have cracked the 68-70% range in the majority of the subjects more than once taking practice PMBR practice questions. When I take Bar Bri questions, my scores drop to 58-64% range. Taking Gilberts questions I'm even worse than that!!!

    Now, I know that my mentor is a perfectionist and all, but that seems crazy. Is there anyone having the same $#!+ happening to them? For those taking PMBR and Bar Bri are those questions that damn different or am I screwing up in reading comprehension??

    I am very sure at this point its the latter... LOL! I feel like I know the basic elements of subjects but this is driving me completely nuts...

    Peace and back to flashcards...

     
  • At 2:54 PM, July 16, 2006, Blogger Roonie said…

    Don't worry just yet!

     
  • At 5:10 PM, July 16, 2006, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    Three Times.....

    I am not a Bar-Bri or PMBR expert by any means (haven't taken either one!!!)...so I hope some of other super-guru's will weigh in...like maybe Roonie...

    What I can tell for sure is this...do you know if the questions you are using are bar-released? That is what matters most, and is a good indicator....as much as Micro-mash sucked ass and they did mostly, their MBE questions were bar-released....I know I'm doing ok when I'm posting in the 70's on bar-released questions....I know some reviews make up their own...and some of them are kind of whack I've heard.....anybody else?

     
  • At 9:03 PM, July 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that Mr. Feinberg (PMBR dude) is on crack in my opinion. I spend the $400 last year only to see the four to five examinees that organized the July 2005 PMBR session taking it again with me this past February...

    It cost me $400 just to learn 54 bar exam caveats that I could have learned for free. (and 2,000 or so questions)

    Started taking Bar Bri MBE released questions and I am scoring high 60's low 70's. Got about 200 released questions that should get me through this week, I'll just rock on with those...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER