@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: I'd like to thank the Academy...and ask if the Bar is ready for Another Bitch Slap?
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Thursday, February 22, 2007
I'd like to thank the Academy...and ask if the Bar is ready for Another Bitch Slap?
The time is almost here for us to us retakers to go and do what we retakers do best: re-take....I want to thank every person from the bottom of my heart who ever logged onto my site and said...hey bar bitch...you aren't alone....I failed the bar too.....I have found so much comfort in not being miserable alone...but more so in just not being miserable any more....

I especially want to thank all those people who have stopped by to say...hey bar bitch, I failed the bar, but eventually I passed, and so can you and everybody else ....it is due in large part to those awe inspiring people that I haven't lost heart during this seemingly endless and on some days gut wrcnching endeavor (yeah I know....spare you the drama)

I'm so inspired these days...I'm feeling up to a little friendly trash talking....as in is the bar ready for another bitch slap?!!!!!!! Yes....you'll all recall...I did try to put down a hellatious bitch slap last round....apparently, only in the MBE's, this time, though....they just don't know 'bout me.....I'm so coming for their ass....

And because I love the contemporary (you go Beyonce) and the classic....I want to leave you with some of my favorites on courage and perserverence....both of which everybody who takes the bar (again) are in no short supply of....you all go kick serious ass.....


Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.
---John Wayne (1907 - 1979)


Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
---John Quincy Adams (1767 - 1848)


Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
---Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)


---- You always pass failure on the way to success. -------
posted by Bar Bitch @ 5:47 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 11:15 AM, February 23, 2007, Blogger Blonde Blogger said…

    Good Luck to you! I am retaker myself and I assure you...I am going to kick some serious bar ASS!!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent words of wisdom! I'm taking Virginia (albeit for the first time) next week and SCARED TO DEATH of the essay day. It's my second bar though, as I took and passed TN last year. VA's essay topics (or vastness thereof) seem incomparable to TN however. Which Bar exam are you taking? BEST OF LUCK to you - let's go kick their arses. ;)

     
  • At 2:49 PM, February 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wake me up when this is all over!

    J!

     
  • At 2:33 PM, February 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WELL SHIT. its me - VA bar taker again. I just read through your blog because I CANT STUDY ANYMORE. I had no idea you were re-taking for the 3rd/4th time. GO YOU!!! That is amazing and you're an inspiration and I'm rooting for you all the way! When do you guys find out in NC? I hear for VA they release at the end of April...torture to be sure. I cannot wait for the inevitable high I will be on on Wednesday at approximately 5:00pm.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger Beanie said…

    Pulling for you hard. Took 3 in NY for me, but it could have easily been 5 or 10. Just dragging up the will and fight to do it again is half the battle. Hold your head high and go to it.

     
  • At 12:29 AM, March 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My friend,

    Here I am waiting for my results for the second time. Of all the things I've done in life, I am most proud that I summoned the courage to do it again. For anyone who has been there, the terror of the night before each test-day has the nausea inducing grip of a child awaiting his punishment.

    My kids looked at me the last time like, "We went through 4 years of an all but absentee parent for THIS?" They were unable to disguise their disappointment. It was like I was the star center, and I made a turnover that lost our team the playoffs.

    My Mom is ashamed at bridge club, as she no doubt bragged that I was going to turn into a lawyer--and I FAILED.

    At work, all the lawyers I work with--and surprisingly, the grade school drop outs, as well--all see me as some emotional pinata--ripe for the verbal bats and swings they feel compelled to level. I'd like to see them rise from them ashes.

    What I'm saying here is that all of us need to keep supporting each other. NOBODY WHO HAS NOT GONE THROUGH THIS UNDERSTANDS. And when we pass, we've got to remember to help those who are still trying.

    All the best to you Bar Bitch, I have been reading you and enjoying the support for some time. You really helped me get to a more forgiving place in my head.

    ATB

     
  • At 10:03 AM, March 28, 2007, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    ATB....

    I completely understand everything you've said...you have no idea how great it makes me feel to know that I've helped in someway to make this experience a little more bearable for at least one other person....

    That has been exactly my purpose here...to help people get "to a more forgiving place in their head"...thanks, and best of luck to you sweetie...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER