@import url('http:// I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch: Was that really a bar exam?
I Passed....but The Bar Exam is Still a Bitch
I took the Bar Exam more than once, several times actually, and lived to tell the tale....retakers take heart...the bar is a bitch...but not impossible...
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Was that really a bar exam?
Everybody who knows me knows I am not at all one for post-mortem on the exams....but really......WTF was that NC essay test supposed to be?!!!!!! Honest to god? The professional conduct question had no conduct violations....the crim law question had no crimes...family law with a yes / no response.....oh yes.....and the con law question.....involuntary-freaking-servitude.....uh-huh......

yeah....I'm going to go ahead and say I felt a little bitter, a little confused and a little angry about it all....all that preparation and really it helped not one little iota....how do you respond intelligently entirely in the negative...first rule of essays is not to assume facts that aren't in the pattern right? A hard test wouldn't have upset me...but this one....I tell you, it was just freaking weird....

On a chipper note....thought the MBE was pretty freaking lame this go round.....spanked it in record time......
posted by Bar Bitch @ 12:35 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:30 PM, March 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MBE was lame? Really? I feel like either way youre going to think its a brutal exam because there are so many you can narrow down to two answers!

    ...or maybe that's just me

     
  • At 11:35 PM, March 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, it wasn't a bar exam at all. I'm the girl you've chatted with before about being the 4th time taker. i mean, i struggled with ethics, crim law and con law...these essay questions were totally out of left field. i felt horrible spending all that time prepping for getting questions with no violations or crimes in them whatsoever! ugh! i am so mad! i mean, the examiners are crazy. i really think they are. giving us all of that crap...i can't believe them...i'm still seething about it. oh well, we did it girl! we made it through...again! take care of yourself this month and get some rest. i know i plan to! talk to you later!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, March 05, 2007, Blogger Bar Bitch said…

    If you'd taken as many MBE's as me(and god I hope you haven't )...you might think this last one was lame, comparatively speaking...

    but I scored fairly well on the July MBE (155)...usually the standardized stuff doesn't throw me so much.... so it's a completely biased opinion there eh? I wouldn't say it wasn't brutal...or something I'd like to do in my free time....

     
  • At 10:47 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    Congrats on being done!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER